Sample Storage in Canisters, 3870 Straws
The SSC Class (sample storage in canisters) from CryoSafe™ is specifically engineered for the user who is utilizing canes or straws stored in canisters. The SSC Class is best utilized for long-term, small capacity storage with low liquid nitrogen consumption in a convenient lightweight package.
CryoSafe's™ SSC 21 features a reduced neck openings to insure superior temperature uniformity and economical liquid nitrogen evaporation rates with storage capacities of 3870 each ½ cc Straws.
Every unit in the SSC Class comes standard with canisters and LN2 measuring rod.
- Durable aluminum tank with powder coated exterior
- Liquid nitrogen measuring rod for level validation
- Lid lock provision
- Fiberglass restricted opening neck design
- Compatible design for both liquid and vapor phase storage
- Color-coded canisters for inventory identification
- Three-year warranty on all parts and labor
- Five-year Vacuum Warranty
- Number of Canisters: 9
- ½ cc Straw (1 level bulk): 3870
- ½ cc Straws (10 Cane): 2400
- Liquid Nitrogen Capacity (Liters): 21
- Static Evaporation Rate* (Liters/Day): 0.35
- Static Holding time* (days): 38
- Neck diameter (in/mm): 3.5/88.9
- Exterior height (in/mm): 17.2/436.8
- Exterior diameter (in/mm): 18.2/462.3
- Canister Height (in/mm): 5/127
- Canister Diameter (in/mm): 2.59/65.8
- Weight full (lbs/kg): 61.4/27.9
- Weight empty (lbs/kg): 24/10.9
*Static Evaporation Rate and Static Holding Time are nominal. Actual rate may be affected by the nature of the contents, atmospheric conditions, container history and manufacturing tolerances.